Lemon Myrtle – amazing skin benefits
Did you know that Lemon Myrle is not only antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic and anti-oxodising, but also leaves your skin feeling super soft and hydrated, and is great for sensitive skin?
Now that’s what I call a hero beauty ingredient! And that is why we have it most of our rawbeauty naturally skincare products.
So what exactly is Lemon Myrtle?
Lemon Myrtle is a flowering tree native to the subtropical rainforests of central and south-east Queensland. Commonly used for its aromatic purposes and food flavouring. So yes it is edible skin food.
What are the benefits?
- Antioxidant rich which prevents ageing and free radical damage
- Prevents breakouts by balancing skin’s natural oils and is a natural remedy for acne
- Calcium, zinc and magnesium rich, which helps supports oiliness and reduces pore size
- Contains 90-98% of citral making it a strong antimicrobial quality making it antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic. It is excellent for soothing inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis and acne.
Want to experience the benefits of lemon myrtle leaf oil for yourself?
Winner of Natural Beauty Awards – Highly Commended
This body lotion uses Australian botanicals to brighten and restore skin leaving it radiant and glowing. It uses star ingredients…
- • Kakadu Plum – the highest Vitamin C rich fruit on the planet
- • Sunflower Seed Oil – rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids to deeply hydrate the skin
Lemon Myrtle Leaf Oil – relieves irritated and dry skin with its anti-bacterial properties
This body wash cleanses skin but works to maintain moisture (rather than stripping the skin)
- Organic Elderflower Extract – will rejuvenate and brighten dry skin
- Lemon Myrtle – with natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that will tighten pores and is great for sensitive skin
Hydrates skin, leaving it feeling clean yet moisturised.